As you can see I haven’t been around much. There are only two more weeks till the wedding so things need to get done. I have decided to take most of September off from blogging. I just don’t seem to have enough hours in the day to write. I also haven’t had much time to cook so there are no new recipes to show you.
So I am taking the next couple of weeks off. After the wedding I will be coming back here to write, cook and shop (at Etsy of course).
These cake toppers are amazing. If I had known about them sooner I would have gotten one for our wedding. Can you imagine? Each and every sculpture crafted with paper What an amazing talented women.
Do check out Concarta on Etsy or on her blog!!
The last two weeks have been a non stop whorl wind of meetings for weddings, bridal showers (2 just for me!) and needing to pick things up for the wedding.
And it is September 6th. 25 days till the wedding. Oh my!
So lately I have not been cooking. With all of the things that need to get done, K and I will pick something up quick on the way home. This has been so hard because due to the bridal showers I have a ton of stuff that I want to use. From new plates to knives to cutting boards. All of them are just sitting there not being used. They are calling my name.
Finally last week I could not take it any more. I needed something homemade and delicious. Since the weather has been getting a little chilly here in NJ I decided to make a soup. A potato soup to be exact. I, of course, used the crock pot because I didn’t really have time to sit and watch over anything. But that half an hour of chopping and getting everything ready for the soup was pure bliss. Cooking for me is such a stress reliever and lately I have been so stressed.
The soup came out perfect. I wish that I had a recipe to show you here, but I was so happy to just be in the kitchen that I didn’t write anything down. I made the soup by just adding things and thinking what would taste amazing in it. No recipe needed.
I did get a picture though.
Yes…yes..I know it has been almost a week and a half since I have written. Bad blogger. Bad. Things just have been getting closer to the wedding so it is so hard to find a minute to sit and write. I promise to try harder!
So today Friday. What does that mean? Fill in the Blank Friday. It is travel themed. Something that I wish I could be doing right this minute!
1. If I didn’t have to work anymore I would travel to exotic places. Eat exotic foods. Read more. Oh and also have the cleanest house EVER.
2. My favorite thing about a vacation is seeing new sites. I love to experience new places.
3. When packing for a trip I make a list. Check it twice. Then pack. Then check the list to make sure I have everything I need. Ohh lists!
4. If I could go on a road trip with anyone (dead OR alive) I would choose my fiance (of course) and his brother. When the three of us are together it is one laugh after another.
5. My top 3 absolute travel essentials are 1) a good book, 2) snacks, 3) my iPod.
6. Vacations are worth the money.
7. On vacation you must always try new things, experience the city like you never have before, have fun and remember that you are on vacation!
Happy Friday Everyone!